Architectural Website Design – How toÂ Build Architectural Website
By: Faraj Balousha
To build your architectural website, there are four methods to choose from:
Get a professional designer to build theÂ architectural website for you:
It is expensive in creation process, site maintenance and development.
Designing theÂ architectural website with free web hosting:
In this case, just sign in the hosting website that offers this service, and start building your own architectural website.
Free Hosting Sites:
Disadvantages of Free Web Hosting:
- Small size-Limited web page space
- Can’t create interactive features (message boards, online ordering, etc.)
- Advertisements-May have banners and/or pop ads on your homepage
- Long and hard to remember web address (instead of yourdomain.com)
- No branded email addresses (email@example.com)
- Weak technical support-Poor help and support options
- May not be free forever
- No seriousness to the site
So it is better to choose a cheap Hosting sites with reasonable prices, you will get a better quality and a higher credibility.
Professional Web Hosting:
Design theÂ architectural website by a web page designer program (computer software) and use one of the hosting sites.
Web Page designer programs:
There is a lot of computer software available to help you build and manage your architectural website, you may use one or more of them:
- Microsoft FrontPage
- Macromedia Dreamweaver/Fireworks Studio
- Adobe GoLive/Adobe ImageStyler
- Flash & Swish
FrontPage program is the famous and most important one.
Sites to learn Front Page:
Sites for Domain Name:
- Yahoo – http://www.yahoo.com/
- Godaddy – http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/default.asp
- EV1Servers – http://ev1servers.net/
- Actnowdomains – http://actnowdomains.com/
Sites For Web Hosting:
- Yahoo – http://www.yahoo.com/
- Powweb – http://powweb.com/
- Ev1servers – http://ev1servers.net/
- UCVHost – http://ucvhost.com/
- Servermatrix – http://servermatrix.com/
- Infinology-Â http://infinology.com/
Because this method needs to learn a new program with the knowledge of HTML, so it is not our recommended method for beginners.
FOUTRH METHOD: (recommended method for beginners)
Build the site with SiteBuilder and choose the Hosting package:
This method is the easiest and fastest way to create a website without any previous knowledge of web site building and without any HTML experience.
You can start right now and build your website immediately. If you can point and click with a mouse, then you can build your own website right now!
Web Hosting with Site Builder:
Yahoo! SiteBuilder: http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/index.php
The Yahoo! SiteBuilder (as an example) opens with a Welcome Screen that provides links to built-in tutorials titled â€œGetting Started with Yahoo! SiteBuilderâ€
The Getting Started Tutorial covers subjects like:
- How to Start a New Page
- How to Add Text
- How to create tables
- How to Place Images
- How to add links
- How to use templates
- How to publish and upload web pages
- and much more!
More Site Builders:
- Actnowdomains- http://www.actnowdomains.com
- Site Build It – http://buildit.sitesell.com/main/home.html
- EasyHost -Â http://www.easyhost.com/
- Interland – http://www.interland.com/
- BlueVoda – http://www.bluevoda.com/
- SiteRightNow – www.SiteRightNow.com
- ipowerweb – http://www.ipowerweb.com/
- CoffeeCup- http://www.coffeecup.com/bigcup/
This article may be re-published as long as the following resource box is included at the end of the article and as long as you link to the URLs mentioned in the resource box:
Article by Faraj Balousha,
Civil Engineer, Architect, Webmaster.
For more articles on how to design, develop, publish and promote your website: http://www.sitefb.com/help_centre/